Dr. Ryan’s Movement Rules to Live By
1. There will never be a drug or surgery that will ever fix problems due to lack of movement/exercise
2. If you’re not moving, you’re dying (If you don’t use it you lose it)
3. Don’t ever stop running, it’s the most natural thing you could ever do besides fart
4. If someone tells you never to squat below 90 degrees, ask them to lay on the floor and get up without bending their knee below 90 degrees. Then point and laugh at them
5. Exercise like Tarzan: Run, jump, climb, throw, lift, sprint, and yell a bunch while you do it
6. Have fun, and do what moves you
7. Earn your rest days
8. Turning up the heat and laying on the floor is not exercising
9. Walk…..a lot!
10. Lift something heavy at least once per week. Strong people are harder to kill, and are generally more useful
11. Kids and adults that exercise are more intelligent, happier, and are far less likely to have chronic disease later in life
12. Get a coach. Everyone needs accountability, guidance, and someone to help them set goals
13. Every so often, turn it up a notch and give it all you got. Intensity is where the good stuff comes from
14. Try new exercises and sports regularly
15. Train movements not muscles. If you were going to move a couch you wouldn’t hamstring curl or calf raise the couch, you would use a functional movement like dead-lift and carrying
16. Exercise is not a treatment for weight-loss or for getting a great beach body (although a great bonus)….exercise is required for optimal physical and mental well-being. We are wired-up for movement and our genes expect daily exercise in order to stay healthy and functional
17. Just do it. The best time to start exercising was 10 years ago….the second best time is NOW! Get moving and quit living on someday island!
18. Sitting to your spine is like sugar to your teeth
19. Good posture is a habit just like brushing your teeth and it will make a HUGE impact on your confidence, vitality, and energy
20. You MUST have healthy spinal motion to have great health so just like everyone needs a great dentist, everyone needs a good chiropractor on their health team
Want to know more, join us for our “Motivated to Move” Workshop on Wednesday, May 2nd starting at 6:30 pm where will be discussing and demostrating many of the points we have made in this post!
At this FREE workshop you will learn:
- The 3 core fundamentals of creating a exercise program
- Learn 7 key exercises everyone should include in their program to maintain an active lifestyle at every age. No equipment necessary!
- Simple steps you can take to get started regardless of your current fitness level.
Be sure to sign up at the In8 Wellness Center front desk or call 978-655-4979 to reserve your spot at this FREE workshop!
Your health coach,